While CalenDo has its own full-featured calendar. Users may have other calendars they are using, and We connect them through Apple Calendar App. This issue can happen in one of the following situations.
Situation 1: Your desired calendars are not connected to your Apple Calendar App
Solution: First add your calendars to Apple Calendar App
- Open Settings App on iPhone/iPad.
- Select Accounts & Passwords.
- Select Add Account from the bottom of the list.
- In the list of officially supported options, select Google or Other accounts.
- Enter your Account email address and password. If you’ve set up two-factor authentication, you’ll need to log into your account to set up an app password and use that as your password when you set up the account in iOS.
- Tap Next. You’ll see sliders for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Notes. If you only want to sync the calendar, de-select everything except Calendar.
- Wait for your calendars to sync with your iPhone – depending on the size of your calendars and the speed of your connection, this process can take several minutes.
- Open the Apple Calendar app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Calendars icon to display a list of all calendars to which your iPhone has access. It’ll include all of your private, shared, and public calendars linked to your Account
- Select or deselect the individual calendars you want to appear when you’re accessing the iOS calendar app, then tap Done at the top of the screen.
Once done, your calendar events will show up in CalenDo. If not, then restart CalenDo and follow steps in situation 2.
Situation 2: Your desired calendar is connected to your Apple Calendar App but It is not showing up in CalenDo
- Restart CalenDo.
- Go to Settings by tapping a profile picture.
- Tap on Account -> Apple
- Choose calendars, you want to appear in CalenDo.